Accessibility Statement for Foxhill Barn
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home based, 3 bedroom bed and breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will be glad to help.
- The nearest bus stop is 2 miles away in the village of Gisburn. The 280/X80 service runs hourly between Skipton and Preston. Collection available by prior arrangement.
- The nearest train station is at Clitheroe, around 15 minutes away by car.
- We have a website (www.foxhillbarn.co.uk) with photographs of the property, including our bedrooms, which are situated on the first floor.
- You can contact us via phone or email.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is ample car parking in the yard directly outside the front door, with a minor gradient.
Assistance with luggage is always offered to all guests.
- The entrance is accessed straight from the yard via a low step (around 5 inches) and a 6-inch door-frame step. These are the only steps on the ground floor.
- Guests entering the property via our side door (width 35 inches) will encounter a single 4-inch door frame step from the yard which leads directly into the utility room.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Entrance door (width 33”) opens into hallway, with guest lounge straight ahead through a second door (w 36” ). Entrance hall staircase (w 33”) leads to first floor.
- All 3 bedrooms and their private amenities are on the first floor
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- Entrance hall and Guest dining area have slate floors.
- Guest lounge and “Quiet area” have laminate flooring
- Two wooden staircases leading to the first floor both have 11 steps (plus 5 extra steps to “Quiet Area”)
- Guest bedrooms are all carpeted. Bathrooms are all tiled.
Public Areas - WC
- Guest bedrooms have separate private amenities
- Downstairs toilet is fitted with a “Doc ‘M’ pack” for use by disabled. It is located in utility room next to kitchen/dining area.
- Breakfast is served in the dining area on ground floor.
- Rectangular table has under space of 76cm high (legs in each corner). All chairs are without arms and can be moved.
- Large print menus are available on request.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and all other diets catered for upon request.
- The bed and breakfast is no smoking throughout the premises.
- First floor is accessed via a standard open-tread staircase (11 steps). There is no lift or stair-lift to first floor.
- There is level access from landing to double room.
- There are two steps down to twin room and family room.
- All doors to rooms are standard width doors.
- All 3 bedrooms are on first floor, with secure lockable doors to all rooms.
- Televisions all have remote controls and teletext/subtitles.
- All bedrooms are fitted with self-closing fire doors.
- Double room has a double bed with good access from both sides.
- Family room has a double bed and a single bed, both with access from both sides.
- Twin room has two standard single beds, one with access from both sides and one with access from one side only.
Bathroom and Shower Facilities
We have a main bathroom and two shower rooms, which are all next to the accompanying bedroom and on the same level. All are fitted with secure lockable doors.
Main bathroom has a large corner bath (depth 35”) fitted with Jacuzzi-style jets. There is ample space to get in and out. Shower has a curved base with a radius of 35”. There is a 6-inch step up into shower cubicle. Shower doors open and close on wheel runners.
Each shower has a curved base with a radius of 35 inches. The shower room next to the twin room has a 6-inch step up into the shower cubicle; the shower room next to the double room has an 8-inch step up into the shower cubicle. Both showers have doors that open and close on wheel runners.
- There are no grab rails or other specific equipment installed in any bathroom.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01200 415906 or email email@example.com